Saturday, November 27, 2010

Butternut squash soup in an organic chic bowl





























 I did another shot of the the butternut squash soup with coconut cream swirl on top. The point of this shot is the organic shaped dishware which I also used in the Korean BBQ pork post. I am sure you can't find these chinaware anywhere else because they are one of a kind art work from a ceramic artist. He teaches ceramics where I take drawing class, and I happened to mention I took food photographs and had a hard time finding unique and stylish dishware. He very generously offered me to take a tour of his studio and borrow anything I want. So I borrowed these three pieces that are the good size and shape as dishware. For recipe, please check out my earlier post: Butternut squash soup

Bon appetit!
Have a good weekend.

10 comments:

Daniela said...

Favolosa questa zuppa!! Ottima presentazione. Buona domenica Daniela.

Food For Tots said...

Your shots look so stunning!! Beautiful food presentation too! Your organic chip bowl is a great match to your soup. Love it! ;)

Yue Jiang said...

Hi Daniela, thank you!!
Food For Tots, thank you!! i found lots of interesting recipes from your blog. especially asian recipe. gotta try some.

Medifast Coupons said...

Lovely squash soup, the addition of the cream I bet makes it so good.

Joy said...

Yue I am happy to have found you. Your pictures are absolutely beautiful -- this soup looks perfect with the perectly swirled coconut cream on top. Mmmm perfect!

Smoky Wok (formerly Tastes of Home) said...

love this soup and the bowl is definitely one of a kind! lovely photos :D

Quay Po Cooks said...

I love the bowl! The soup looks yummy too. Lovely pictures as always!

Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets said...

Pretty bowl and I like the way you swirled the cream. Looks like a great soup for a light lunch :).

Medifast Coupons said...

i like your Butternut squash soup!!!!I was looking for this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and best of luck.

Piggy Girlfriend said...

Nicce blog you have